- The Enhanced Quality Option provides producers of high quality alfalfa the opportunity to purchase an additional Relative Feed Value (RFV) guarantee for alfalfa.
- The Enhanced Quality Option is available to Manitoba producers with alfalfa acres insured under Select Hay Insurance, and have demonstrated that they have produced high quality hay in the past three years.
- Production must be placed into acceptable storage. For example: bales must be wrapped, tarped, or shedded.
- Producers with Select Hay Insurance can add the Enhanced Quality Option, which allows them to increase their RFV coverage above the Select Hay RFV guarantee of .
- Assigned RFV for is .
Every new producer in will start with an assigned RFV of . For each claim-free year, a producer’s assigned RFV increases by five points to a maximum of . For each claim year, a producer’s assigned RFV decreases by five points to a minimum of .
- RFV guarantee is calculated:
RFV guarantee = (assigned RFV - Select Hay RFV guarantee) x % + Select Hay RFV guarantee
= ( - ) x +