Environmental Enhancement Loans assist producers in modifying their current operations or management practices, to become more environmentally sustainable while maintaining a viable enterprise. Environmental Enhancement Loans finance the cost of projects for which a federal, provincial or federal/provincial program provides an environmental grant or where the producer takes such action on their own accord.
What can an Environmental Enhancement Loan be used for?
- Loans are primarily intended for, but not limited to, Beneficial Management Practice (BMP) projects with significant costs associated with the construction, improvement or relocation of farm operation infrastructure, e.g. manure storage, handling and composting, farm yard run-off control and relocation of livestock facilities.
- The program offers up to 100 per cent project financing up front to cover the producer share of costs, and advances any money to be issued by the federal and/or provincial programs through cost sharing agreements.
What are the Qualifications?
- Applicants must be Manitoba residents who are at least 18 years of age and Canadian citizens or have lawful permanent residence status.
What are the Terms and Conditions?
- Loans are available up to $.
- Terms are available up to years.
- Interest rate is set at MASC’s prevailing rate.
- There are no prepayment penalties.