Planning your farm’s finances and setting goals for the future requires careful consideration. MASC can assist you in obtaining the credit you need to make your operation successful.
What can a Direct Loan be used for?
Direct Loans can be used for a variety of purposes, such as:
- Purchase of agricultural land and buildings
- Purchase of new or used agricultural equipment
- Permanent improvements to land
- Construction or renovation of farm production buildings
- Construction of new homes and/or renovation to existing homes
- purchase of breeding stock and supply managed quota (dairy and poultry)
- Debt consolidation or refinancing
- Purchase or renovation of nurseries and greenhouses
- Operating expenses
What are the Qualifications?
- Applicants must be Manitoba residents who are at least 18 years of age and Canadian citizens or have lawful permanent residence status.
- Applicants must personally operate the farm to which the loan applies.
- The farm must be considered potentially viable and meet security requirements.
What are the Terms and Conditions?
- Loans are available up to a maximum of $ for all borrowers.
- Up to 80% financing with terms of up to years are available.
- Loans for the purpose of equipment financing have repayment terms based on the age of the equipment.
- New Equipment: The maximum term for new equipment is years.
- Previously Owned: The maximum term for previously owned equipment is years.
- Interest rates can be fixed for the entire term of the loan.
- There are no prepayment penalties.
Are there Options for Young Farmers?
As young and beginning farmers are faced with numerous challenges, MASC loans can be the first step towards setting up a sound farming operation. Young farmers (18 - 39 years of age) may qualify for one or more of the following options, on most loan purposes, to help save money and reduce cash flow pressures:
- Receive up to $ with the Young Farmer Rebate (YFR). The YFR is an annual rebate of up to per cent on the first $ of principal of a loan, for each of the first five years of the loan.
- Choose either:
- per cent financing, which reduces the down payment required; or
- Five years of interest-only payments, which can assist with cash flow pressures as enterprises are being established.