MASC supports rural Manitobans in seizing new market opportunities by offering the Alternate Energy Loan program, which assists in the creation of projects such as smaller ethanol, biodiesel, biomass and wind operations. These loans will increase the amount of processing of agricultural products in Manitoba (grains for ethanol and oilseeds for biodiesel) and encourage environmental sustainable alternate energy sources.
What can an Alternate Energy Loan be used for?
- Loans can be used for construction, equipment purchases and other approved capital costs associated with alternate energy projects such as ethanol, biomass, biodiesel or wind energy.
What are the Qualifications?
- Applicants must be Manitoba residents who are at least 18 years of age and Canadian citizens or have lawful permanent residence status.
- Applicants do not have to be directly involved in farming.
- Loans are available for any qualified project located in rural Manitoba.
- The operation must be considered potentially viable and meet security requirements.
What are the Terms and Conditions?
- Loans are available up to a maximum of $ for all borrowers.
- Loan terms are available up to years.
- Interest rate is set at MASC’s prevailing rate.
- There are no prepayment penalties.