- Strawberry Establishment Insurance provides commercial growers with replacement cost insurance for strawberry plants lost during establishment.
- Insurance is available to all producers who have an AgriInsurance contract. Landlords are not eligible.
- March 31 is the last day to apply for Strawberry Establishment Insurance, make changes (add or delete crops and change coverage levels) and to cancel AgriInsurance.
- A minimum of strawberry plants being established in a crop year is required.
- Only strawberry plants transplanted on or before June 20 of the crop year qualify for insurance.
- All strawberries planted in the current crop year must be enrolled in the program.
- Coverage is for the cost of replacement plants only.
- Coverage ends June 20 of the following crop year.
- Coverage is for the establishment year only (when the strawberries are transplanted into the field and before they produce strawberries).
- June 30 is the last day to file Seeded Acreage Reports.
- The premium cost is shared per cent by the producer, per cent by the Government of Canada, and per cent by the Province of Manitoba.