- The Young Farmer Crop Plan Credit assists young and beginning farmers with AgriInsurance costs, while ensuring their crop production decisions are based on sound agronomic practices and their own cost of production information.
- Young farmers (18-39 years of age) must be first-time applicants for an AgriInsurance contract.
- The applicant must also complete an application for the Young Farmer Crop Plan Credit by March 31.
- The producer must then prepare and implement a cropping plan that is approved by a Manitoba Agriculture Farm Production Extension Specialist - Crops or Agricultural Extension Coordinator.
- The crop plan must be completed by May 31 to qualify for the credit.
Other Program Details
- A Manitoba Agriculture and Resource Development Farm Production Extension Specialist - Crops or an Agricultural Extension Coordinator will complete and forward a cropping plan acknowledgement form to MASC.
- A one-time premium subsidy of up to $ will be applied against AgriInsurance premiums owing.
- A statement for income tax purposes will be issued for the credit.
- All premium credits are funded by the Province of Manitoba.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- March 31 is the last day to apply for a AgriInsurance contract and the Young Farmer Crop Plan Credit. It is also the last day to make changes (add or delete crops and change coverage levels) or to cancel AgriInsurance.
- May 31 is the last day to have the cropping plan completed and approved by a Manitoba Agriculture Farm Production Extension Specialist - Crops or Agricultural Extension Coordinator.
- May 31 is the last day to file Seeded Acreage Reports.
- November 30 is the last day to file Harvested Production Reports.